Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

17.

Today marks the day of my birth. 
17 years ago.
December 11th, 1996

I'm not going to bab on and on about how I can't believe I'm 17 or how bitter sweet it is. because sitting here on my bed, drinking tea, I feel strangely OK. OK with the fact that 16 is over and that strangely I can believe I'm 17. 

16 was crazy, I loved and hated it. 
But, I'm kinda glad it's done. 
For the longest time, I've held on to my youth afraid to grow up. But here and now I'm OK with it. I'm actually excited for the New Year, for change.

16 was also the hardest yet.
Half of what I went through no one knows or ever will know. But God was always there. And I think that was one of the most important things I learns my 16th year.

I'm so excited to see what people I will meet, the places I'll go and the adventures I'll have my 17th year!

Well, here's to 17.
Please be good. 

Now i'm off to have coffee with a friend and then eat cake and be merry with my family! :)

Love,
Hannah <3

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Hannah!!! Enjoy this special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I loved the honest simplicity of this post. I'll be turning 17 soon as well, and you actually gave me a glimpse of the light and the end of the tunnel. 16 has been fun, but it's also been one of the hardest years of my life. I too, am afraid to grow up and take on big responsibilities but I think we'll both be ready for it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS