Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kindred Spirit. '1'

2009.
 
As i lay in bed and begin to pray like so many times before. I finish up with a prayer very close to my heart.

"God, Please send me a kindred spirit."

For such a simple prayer, it was one that i most wanted to come true.

I would always watch "Anne of Green Gables" and wish that i could have a friendship like Anne and Diana.
I've had supposedly "Best friends" Who would just come and go. but never a kindred spirit. Someone who knew all about you, who you could tell anything to, who loved you no matter what and someone who would never leave...

Ah, And with that, I say amen and fly to dream land.

3 years later.

We walk into the darkness, leaving the others behind on that cold autumn night, Everything felt so right.
As we sat on a stomp and talk about the future, I began to wonder, Could this be the kindred spirit i prayed for? We sat and talk for about a half a hour, then a bitter wind blow in and we decided to rejoin the party we had escaped from. We began to walk back. I looked at her and smiled. Yes, this is My kindred spirit! 

I've found Her... But then i realized, No. God had. 

With that, We walk home, Hand and hand.



  Thanks, Michaela for being the Anne to my Diana! <3 Love you to the moon and back!   
       
Love,
Hannah.
 


“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”
Anne, Anne Of Green Gables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS