Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Perfectionist.



This weekend i learned something very important about myself. 

I'M A PERFECTIONIST.
  
This last week i was at a friends house. She was having a party and people wanted to see me do some Irish dance! (FYI, I'm a Irish dancer!) So i was doing my dance, It's a dance i know fairly well and then i went and made a stupid mistake. I don't think anyone noticed, But i felt like such a loser. I finished, then went up stairs to use the restroom. I was thinking about my mistake and got so upset i slapped myself.  It didn't hurt physically, but emotionally.   

And then it struck me. 

I WANT TO BE PERFECT.

 I don't want people to ever see my mistakes or to think badly of me.

ahhhh, I've always been over weight. tried every diet EVER. But nothing really ever works. But i want the perfect body so much that i end up hurting myself. (I shall go into this another time)  

And I hurt myself for what? To be perfect! 

But, The sad truth is i can't be PERFECT. 
And what I've learned from this is...

I DON'T NEED TO BE PERFECT.

Because I'm perfect to God and that's all that matters.  
And with God's help, I'm going to try to realize that.

I'm done beating myself up for... 
Not being skinning, Not having clear skin, Not having the best clothing, Making mistakes, Not having the most friends, Not being the popular girl and Most of all..

I'm done beating myself up for Being ME. 



  

7 comments:

  1. That last sentence. Wow. Good for you. I think it's great that both our posts talked about imperfections and God. You're not alone in the struggle. You can do it!

    It's funny to see society labeling what's beautiful...But since when did society know best? They're all just as imperfect as us, as me. I think if beauty was looked more at person to person, we'd realize everyone is beautiful, imperfections and all. Just a different kind for each person.
    And It's in our heart that matters.

    Also, thank you for following and also the lovely comment on my blog! I'd love to follow yours, but I can't figure out how!

    -Victoria Horea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks You! I think it's a very important subject and that more people need to start opening up about.

    Very true, Each person is beautiful and deferent. And who is socitey to pick and chose what they think is beautiful?
    and true beautiful comes from within! :)

    I'm tots loving your blog! (So glad i found it!) You're welcome! :)
    Oh, I'm very new to blogging and i haven't put up a "follow" butten yet! But i shall now! :)

    Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
    ~Hannah Justina

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, Hannah,
    it made my day :)
    you have a lovely blog!

    xoxo
    - kailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Hannah, I saw you were a new follower so I popped over to say hi...and wow, girl, this is a GREAT post. Thanks for this - I'm there with you. I've been beating myself up all the time lately for being a bit higher on the scale than I should be, not being a better photographer ("like so and so") and just a myriad of other things that come with wanting to be perfect and comparing myself to others. Great post. Important reminders.

    Welcome to blogging! And thanks for being a New Friend over at my blog! Looking forward to getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! I go though the same thing! Always comparing myself with others too! But with God's help, Slowly, But surely, I hope to get over it.
      I'm glad you like it! :)

      Thanks and I really love your blog! I tried to leave a comment on one of your post, but my computer was being dumb!

      Me too. Hopefully we shall stay in contact!

      Delete
  5. Hey girl! I love you! I think you do great in dancing! I love learning a few dances from you!
    I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS